The Dance Factory runs on a calendar month, which means that the tuition remains the same whether there are 3, 4, or 5 classes in that month. Tuition is due by the 5th of each month and considered past due after the 7th.
We use a web-based accounting system which allows parents/guardians to login and view their student's class schedule, account details, make payments, and more.
All accounts are required to be on automatic payment. This means that your credit card on file will automatically be charged on the 5th of each month for all fees dues for that particular month and the 20th for all fees due on the 15th of each month. You will receive a payment confirmation email. Payments may still be made by cash or credit card at the front office. If you choose to use the payment methods listed, please do so before the 4th of each month. If we have not received your payment by the 4th, your credit card on file will automatically be debited on the 5th day of each month for all fees due and you will receive a payment confirmation email. Any declined cards will be subject to a $15 service fee.
AS OF JUNE 15TH, 2014 WE WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING CHECKS. PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE ONLINE PORTAL OR VIA CASH OR CREDIT AT THE FRONT OFFICE.
- 28th of the month – Fees will be applied to accounts for the upcoming month
- 5th of the month – Fees are due (this gives you an opportunity to pay cash at front desk or log in and pay with an alternative credit card). All unpaid accounts will be automatically debited from credit card on file
- 7 Days Past Due Accounts – All unpaid accounts will receive a $15 late fee + costumes will not be received until paid
- 30 Days Past Due Accounts – All unpaid accounts will receive an additional $15 late fee + costumes will not be received until paid [Competition dancers will be removed from unpaid competitions/conventions]
- 45 Days Past Due Accounts – All unpaid accounts will receive an additional $15 late fee + costumes will not be received until paid [Competition dancers will be removed from unpaid competitions/conventions]
- 60 Days Past Due Accounts – Dancers will be removed from classes
All studio updates, news, costumes, performances, concert details, etc., will be posted on our website. It is the responsibility of each dancer and/or their guardians to check the site regularly for updates. After you have completed your enrollment you will receive your dancer login information for the new season. You will then be able to view all important updates in the Dancer Login section of the website. BE SURE TO CHECK THE WEBSITE REGULARLY.
It is the responsibilty of each parent to regularly check their emails for updates and details from the faculty. If you are not receiving emails from the DF be sure you are checking your "junk mail" folder. We rely on email as our main source of communication. If you have a Yahoo!, Hotmail or MSN email address, our emails will go to your SPAM folder. To continue receiving our messages you must mark our emails as "NOT SPAM" several times.
REMIND MESSAGING SYSTEM
We have a text messaging system for communicating with our dancers. These announcements include but are not limited to: cancellation of classes for inclement weather, important studio reminders, email delivery reminders, urgent announcements, etc.
Remind is a one-way text messaging system. With Remind, all personal information remains completely confidential. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you ever see theirs. We ask that each parent and dancer (if they have a personal cell phone) sign up for this alert system in order to improve communication between The Dance Factory faculty and our families. If you do not have a personal cell phone, please be assured that all of this information will also be emailed at the time of delivery.
Text '@dfstudio2' to '81010' to join!
A dancer needs to understand the importance of attending class, not only for the progress of his or her dance education, but also for the progress of the class as a whole. A dancer who misses class frequently will fall behind, become frustrated and hold up the class. A dancer with excessive absences will be dealt with as the faculty deems necessary. If an instructor notices a student who is not consistently adhering to the "basic rules" below, appropriate action will be taken.
Although we stress safety to the dancers and we do have security personnel, it is imperative that everyone understands the importance of safety. Dancers, always wear a cover-up to and from the studio and when possible travel with a buddy outside of the studio. Parents, please have a discussion with your children about walking to surrounding stores during breaks, please do not drop your children off more than 5 minutes prior to the studio opening and please be there to pick them up as soon as their class is done.
1. A dancer should be no more than 10 minutes late.
2. A dancer should wear the proper attire and shoes.
3. A dancer should participate in class.
4. If a dancer is removed from a class, dance or dances for any reason, costume fees and tuition will not be refunded.
5. Dancers do not wear jewelry in class.
6. Dancers do not chew gum in class.
7. No outside food or drink other than water is permitted in the studio.
8. Dancers with long hair must have their hair pulled back.
9. It is the policy of The Dance Factory to prohibit the videotaping of our students.
This includes classes, rehearsals, dress rehearsals and performances.
10. Parents are invited to observe the last 5 minutes of class on the first lesson of each month.
11. The registration fee is charged per student.
The concert fee is charged per family, no matter how many dancers are in the family.
12. For families with three dancers enrolled in classes at The Dance Factory, the third child's tuition is free. This does not apply to any other fees.
13. A dance top is a fitted shirt, crop, camisole, or tank style top.
14. We are not responsible for belongings left in the studio.
15. The Dance Factory cannot be held liable for injury to students during any of our classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, or on the school premises.
16. In the event of a medical emergency, The Dance Factory will attempt to contact the student's legal guardian. If the guardian cannot be reached, medical personnel will be contacted.
SNOW DAYS/SEVERE WEATHER/HOLIDAY OBSERVATION
If the schools districts in our area close due to snow or severe weather, we will probably also be closed. However, sometimes the weather may clear up enough to have our evening classes. Therefore, the decision for class cancellations will posted on the website and social by 3pm. We will also call the local news stations in the event of a cancellation. The Dance Factory may also close to observe holidays. In the event of a weather related or holiday cancellation, there are no class refunds.
Mini Company, Performance Company, and Company dancers will not use the online enrollment, however; be sure to fill out the Company Registration Form prior to auditions. The faculty will enroll the company dancers in the appropriate classes after auditions. You will be notified once your dancer's enrollment has been completed.